EMPLOYEE TAX – There’s a range of circumstances where you can claim tax relief.
You may be due tax relief if you use your own money for things that you must buy for your job.
This can include:
- Specific costs if you are working from home
- Travel to temporary workplaces
- Where needed for your job; expenses related to uniforms, work clothing and tools
- Expenses incurred with vehicles you use for work
- Professional fees and subscriptions
- Travel and overnight expenses
- Buying other equipment
An important point to note is that you must have paid tax in the year. Tax relief is applicable based on what you’ve spent and the rate at which you pay tax.
The good news is that claims can be backdated for up to four years and this often results in a tax refund from HMRC.
Most employees aren’t aware of the savings
Many employees simply aren’t aware of the tax refunds and saving that are available due to job related expenses and costs.
For more information on our service, fill in our enquiry box